Monday, September 10, 2012

Revamp!

Ever been in this position?
- that really cute/cheap skirt is too short! Maybe it's long enough, but you need/want it to be longer for various reasons (I need my skirts longer for work purposes)

An answer to the problem? Revamp it!

Here are some ideas that can help you revamp the skirt. I've done this on skirts and it adds a certain zing to skirts! I've only done it with cotton print skirts, but this can be done with other materials.

- add a border. If its a print skirt, get a solid color material. You can add a plain border, or pleat it! The pleats really look awesome and get a ton of compliments!

- cut and add. Instead of adding a border on the end, add a border in the middle! Cut 3-5 inches off the bottom of your skirt, add a solid color border to the skirt, then add the 3-5 inches of fabric onto the end of the skirt. it creates a little bit of a color blocking affect. I did this once with a wide piece of ribbon - it adds such a great element!

Do you have a great way to revamp a skirt?

HappyFashion!

1 comment:

  1. I redo skirts ALL the time!! The easiest way to add length to skirts is to make ruffles and attach them like I did here: http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2012/09/refashionista-gray-black-floral-skirt.html.

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete