Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happier Thoughts :)

I've been told by my "Council of Readers" that lately my blog has been more rant and less rave. As I think balance is a wonderful thing, I will attempt to keep away from writing an imbalance of negative and positive posts. That being said... Thrift Stores!

Have you ever walked into a Thrift Store and found a TOTAL STEAL??? You know what I mean - something super nice or just what you needed/wanted for a super awesome price. That has to be one of the coolest feelings in the world (aside from the Spiritual Feelings that are way more awesome, like the Holy Ghost, and Baptism, etc). I love Thrift Stores (as I've mentioned before, I adore bargain hunting). The only thing better than finding an awesome steal at a Thrift Store is finding the same thing in a department store for roughly the same price (it's new, instead of used). It's pretty cool when you find something new at the Thrift Store, too. Here's a few things to keep in mind when thrift-storing:

- If shopping for fun, without something specific in mind, look for unusual items that will help create fun, unique outfits. If the store has a Vintage rack, this is a great place for unique and potentially fashionable outfits (Vintage clothing is super in right now). Vintage clothing is usually more expensive, though
- Don't let your creativity be dampened by sizes. Lots of things can be altered to fit you better.
- Don't let yourself be excited by the prices - some things look awesome inside the store, but hang in your closet for years. If you can't imagine yourself wearing it, don't buy it
- Take a friend! It's much more fun shopping with a friend, and you can each take a side of the aisle and look
- After you take your goodies home, remember to wash everything thoroughly. Wash your hands after leaving the store, too
- If buying shoes, (which I haven't done, but obviously many people do), sanitize them with Lysol spray or some kind of disinfectant. If the shoes are washable (tennis shoes, etc), throw them in the washer. No sense in being careless about the kind of germs that can be hangin around in shoes that belonged to someone else.

Unfortunately, I've never found a coach or burberry purse for $2 at a thrift store, but I'm holding out! :)

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment